fbpx

Question: Open World Design

Post has published by MAWorking
  • Participant

What I do has a lot to do with the timing or amount of time in the game.
    Example:
    Upon entering, first thing is exploring. What is here? What is dangerous? What is the goal or what is it the developers want me to do? And how can I do it differently? <—- Players are the worst code and will find a way to break things.

Once somewhat established, I am then going to do a combination. I will try to hit goals based on available time. This could be leveling, gathering resources for crafting/house etc. The exploration becomes secondary. Example: You need berries from the oka plant located above the clouds to the SE of Village Zulie. What I need is this berry… the exploration is trying to find it.

The passive, casual, conversation occurs when I am doing something that is automated or mindless or grindy. A lot of crafting is, have the ingredients and then press make and it makes as many as you have ingredients for. This is fine, a bit boring, but it does allow for chit chat and socializing.
    The same can be said for grinding out a resource or pitching something you are selling.

Once you are very established, it really comes down to the measuring sticks all players typically do. So getting the rare/impossible item, the biggest house, the most money, the most kills… the shiniest stick.

• A password will be emailed to you.