fbpx

Assassin TheoryCrafting

Post has published by Scribbles

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HolyAvengerOne 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Keymaster

If you were to play a Rogue/Assassin how you want to play and what kind of mechanics and special abilities would you like to see?

• Participant

My first MMO love was Vanilla WoW, specifically playing a rogue. I very much enjoyed the playstyle. If I played well, and used my stealth and control abilities (combined with a few lucky critical strikes), I felt like I could kill anything. But if I played poorly, I was squishy enough that I paid the ultimate price for my lack of focus.

If it were me, I would like to see stealth/sneak capabilities, a high does of critical strikes, possibly poison-coated weapons, and a moderate amount of stun/incapacitate skills.

• Keymaster

This would make for a very old school feel for the Assassin. Thanks for the post, my friend!

• Participant

One of my all-time favorites and a classic, obviously, in all of fantasy 🙂 🙂

For me, the quintessence of a rogue is the ability to know without being known, to obfuscate one’s nature and/or depict it in an alternate way, with the intent to confuse and/or manipulate the target(s), and then (hopefully!!) gain the upper hand. And winnage, y’know. V

So basically all the mechanics of deception, disguise, posturing, impersonation, bartering, haggling, camouflage, silent movement, assassination, information gathering and intelligence, as well as sometimes, at some level, diplomacy, etc.

Thanks for asking! What about you guys?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A password will be emailed to you.