fbpx

Question: #DeadMusic

Post has published by Scribbles

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pyye 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Keymaster

Question:
    1a. Do you think you should have the ability to upload your own intro, auto attack, and death music?
    1b. Does it add to immersion as well as give you that extra personal touch?
    1c. Does it take away from the artistry of the developer’s storyline?

• Participant

1a. Do you think you should have the ability to upload your own intro, auto attack, and death music?
    I will always vote in favor of the *option* of more customization. I would like to have those sounds included by you devs by default.

1b. Does it add to immersion as well as give you that extra personal touch?
    Personally, I think it would take away from the immersion. I’m no artist, so I would be using sounds that someone else created. Any time I heard the victory noise, I would automatically think about Final Fantasy, instead of DtN.

1c. Does it take away from the artistry of the developer’s storyline?
    I think it does. All the time and effort you spend creating the perfect world to experience the story, then I get to add a cartoony death sound? I’m sure there are people out there who want that, but I would leave most, if not all, of my sounds set to the default.

• Participant

Everyone is different when it comes to sound. For me, I like what the game provides. If it is really well designed, you have awesome sounds from environmental sound effects, music, battle scores, and even great sound effects like moving items around in inventory etc…

Then there are some that play music while gaming, turning off all game sound. I never understood this concept. I get so much more out of inner game sounds while I play, especially well thought out and well designed platforms.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A password will be emailed to you.